Founded as Harris & Gard in Dudley, West Midlands in 1947.
J Seymour Harris & Partners formed in Birmingham by John Seymour Harris in 1954.
The J. Seymour Harris Partnership formed in 1962 on the retirement of John Seymour Harris. Vernon Crofts, Geoff Daniel, Ken Wood were the partners in Birmingham and Harold Dutton and Ken Denham the partners in London.
Seymour Harris Architecture were incorporated in 1998 with the partners at the time becoming directors. The Board now consists of second and third generation directors of the company.
The practice has developed both nationally and oversees over the subsequent 60+ years to meet client demands and needs including setting up project specific UK offices in London, Bristol, Cardiff and Edinburgh and internationally in Nigeria, Syria, Iraq, France and Kuala Lumpur.