SHA

  • Market Buildings

  • Market Buildings

  • Market Buildings

  • Market Buildings

Market Buildings
Guernsey

The Guernsey Markets redevelopment is the companys first project in the Channel Isles completed in November 2006 for McAulay (Market Buildings) Ltd in conjunction with Sir Robert McAlpine and the States of Guernsey.

Dating back to 1822 the market complex at St Peter Port comprises four individual but connected buildings including a Meat Market (1822) a Vegetable Market (1830) a Fish Market (1875) and a Flower Market (1879). Due to their age, historic significance and architectural character, the combined market buildings were scheduled as listed under the Ancient Monuments and Protected Buildings (Guernsey) Law of 1967.

In December 2002 Seymour Harris Architecture were commissioned to carry out a refurbishment of the market complex to include four major retail units, six small shop units, two levels of Local Government offices for the States of Guernsey and five apartments.


Download Project Sheet